Saturday, January 21, 2017

Spray Basting Day

Today was warm enough to work in my Quilting Studio.
I pulled out my extra folding table so I could spray baste a couple of quilts.

This first picture is of my purple quilt. It is constructed from 2 layer cakes. (Cottage Garden by Alice Hickey for Free Spirit Fabrics and Artisan Spirit-Shimmer Pansy Metallic Tiles by Northcott Fabrics for Northcott)

I revised the Double Slice Layer Cake tutorial by Jenny Doan.

These two fabrics will be the backing fabric. I'm quilting it in quarters and then using QAYG to put it all together. It should measure out at 80" x 98" The 4 sections are at 40" x 49".
This is just showing that I pressed all seams open. I used Warm 'n Plush cotton batting.

This is a Stack-n-Whack pinwheel quilt I just basted. I'm using a luxury Fleece for the backing and Warm 'n Plush cotton batting. Pre-quilting it measures 50" x 77". I plan to stitch in the ditch around each block and the sashing and border. Then I'm going to so some simple quilting in the pinwheels so it will wash well.

Basting all of this took me a little over 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment